- About Lazear
- For Families
- Instructional Approach
At Lazear Charter Academy, we recognize that we live in a world of increasing technological, economic, environmental and social change, requiring a set of emerging skills to navigate successfully. Information is multiplying at an accelerating pace, while the realization of our interdependence becomes more pronounced. We live in a time that requires great flexibility and great creativity. Citizens of the millennium must have a strong foundation of knowledge and skills to engage in the constantly evolving world of ideas and must be able to analyze and synthesize this information. They must have a strong sense of curiosity and engagement in the world and the creative intelligence and self-confidence to take action.
First and foremost, a 21st Century Learner possesses a strong foundation of basic academic skills and a broad knowledge base in the core disciplines of Reading/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
But to be truly competitive and prepared for success in a constantly evolving world, our children must also be:
- Technologically and academically capable young people who are prepared to succeed and compete with their peers when they move on from Education for Change Public Schools
- Self-motivated, self-aware, and confident learners with a high level of resilience who strive for excellence
- Critical thinkers who know how to solve problems, make informed decisions and generally navigate life in the 21st century
- A powerful, culturally-competent and positive citizen of the world
- Collaborative team players who can both facilitate and participate in collective efforts
- Fit young people who are able to make good choices to maintain a healthy and safe life
Most important, Lazear Charter Academy is committed to helping its students recognize the importance of, and their personal responsibilities to, their communities. Ultimately, we intend our school to be a vehicle for community empowerment and development. The Lazear Charter Academy children of today will grow to be the educated citizens and leaders of this community tomorrow.